Tuesday, February 22, 2011

For the Man Who Once Had My Heart

yourstruly alltimerants at 10:31 AM
I remember someone told me years ago
That you’re a man who cares a lot about your ego
You were never concerned at what others might feel
As long as it satisfies you, you date lie you’ll kill.

But behind that egoistic smile,
Is the man who makes life so much worthwhile
They never bother to see the real side of you
They’ve never seen you cry when you’re feeling down and blue

You’re a man with a battered heart
People you love manage to tear it apart
Now, you’re crying in my shoulder
You feel alone, you feel you’re getting older

Then one day, you decided to stop
You aimed to make it to the top
You stopped breaking hearts
You fixed your own to make a brand new start

I’m ready to love again”, you told me once
Then something bothered me when you gave me that glance
At first I felt uneasy
But it was all gone by the time you kissed me

This feeling’s new,
and so are you.
You asked me if I Love You,
Yes, I do. 

Disclaimer: This is an original poem by Judy Rose Sayson.

0 comments:

 

All Time Rants Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos